ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s Defence Minister Khawaja Asif condemned the unprovoked firing by Indian forces at the Line of Control (LoC) early Thursday morning and said two Pakistani soldiers were martyred and nine injured due to it.
Khawaja Asif said the firing by Indian army across LoC was deliberate and had been planned beforehand.
Indian military confirmed on Thursday that it had carried out strikes along the unofficial border that divides the disputed territory on Wednesday night.
On the other hand, Pakistan’s military said two of its soldiers had been killed in the ‘cross-border fire’ while Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned what he called India’s ‘naked aggression’.
He further clarified that if India continued to violate a ceasefire agreement with its nuclear-armed neighbour then Pakistan would also strike back with full force.
The firing at the LoC in Kel and Lipa sectors began at 2:30 AM and continued till 8:00 AM, ISPR said in a statement.