SUNDAY TIMES KARACHI:According to the police the fire broke out due to short circuit in the house.

The bodies of the deceased were moved to the hospital, while further investigation into the incident was underway.

According to the neighbours, the head of the family was in abroad for the employment purpose.

Police said the fire erupted in a servant quarter of the house in Wapda Town, where a man, his wife and their two children were residing. The raging fire burned the households to death in no time.

After being informed of the fire, fire fighters and rescue teams had reached the spot immediately and doused the blaze.

The bodies of those killed in the fire were shifted to a nearby hospital for medical examination.